Since 2005 we have been helping low- to moderate-income taxpayers address and resolve their tax disputes with the IRS (Internal Revenue Service).
We have educated thousands of people about their rights and responsibilities as taxpayers, providing them with tax court representation when needed. In 2019 we expanded our program to include similar services at the state level (Massachusetts Department of Revenue [DOR]).
Our program is free for income-eligible taxpayers and for speakers of English as a second language who need help understanding their responsibilities as taxpayers.
Workshop topics include:
- First-time homebuyer credit
- Earned income tax credit
- Child tax credit
- Filing late and/or paying late
- Alimony and child support deductions
- Injured/innocent spouse
- Dependent exemptions
- Deductions exemptions
- Individual taxpayers identification number (ITINs)
- Taxation for the new taxpayer
- Amending a return
- Help you understand and respond to IRS and DOR notices
- Represent you before the IRS or DOR
- Refer you to qualified tax experts and/or legal assistance