What is Telephone Reassurance?
|Telephone Reassurance coordinator Elsa Dones|
Telephone Reassurance is a daily Check-'N-Chat program designed to serve:
- Senior citizens
- People of any age living with physical disabilities or long-term illnesses
- Elderly residents living alone
The goal of Telephone Reassurance is to provide assistance and support to help people maintain an independent living situation.
What support is offered?
In addition to a daily phone call, participants receive:
- Appointment reminders
- Medication reminders
- Help securing goods and services
- Information and referrals
- Birthday, get well, sympathy and friendship cards
- Access to Springfield Partners programs and services
Who are the callers?
Callers are trained volunteers who receive ongoing training and direct supervision.
Upon approval of your program application, a caller will be assigned to you. You can then set up a calling schedule with your volunteer.
Your discussions with callers are confidential; information is not shared outside the agency without consent.
To apply for the program or to enroll a family member, please contact:
(413) 263-6500 ext. 6257
Synthia Scott-Mitchell, Director of Community Services
413-263-6500 ext. 6518